Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Sunday hit back at Narendra Modi for his “recount” dig at him, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister has once again staged a “fake encounter” with facts on the issue and that there was never a recount in the 2009 Lok Sabha election in his constituency.
In a statement here, he said Modi has once again staged a “fake encounter” with facts at his public meeting near Chennai last night when he referred to him as “recount minister”.
“The fact is that in the 2009 election from Sivaganga Parliamentary constituency the votes were counted only once. There was no recount. In fact, the complaint of the defeated candidate is that his belated request for recount was rejected the Returning Office.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Everybody (except Mr Modi) knows this fact. I am sure he will stage more fake encounters with facts and entertain people,” Chidambaram said.
His repeated reference to “fake encounter” is an apparent taunt at the various alleged fake encounters in Gujarat in Modi’s tenure to eliminate suspected terrorists and the controversies that stemmed from there.
The minister plans to issue a detailed statement tomorrow with facts and figures on Modi’s criticism about him on the handling of the economy and the current situation.