Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Sunday hit back at Narendra Modi for his “recount” dig at him, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister has once again staged a “fake encounter” with facts on the issue and that there was never a recount in the 2009 Lok Sabha election in his constituency.
In a statement here, he said Modi has once again staged a “fake encounter” with facts at his public meeting near Chennai last night when he referred to him as “recount minister”.
“The fact is that in the 2009 election from Sivaganga Parliamentary constituency the votes were counted only once. There was no recount. In fact, the complaint of the defeated candidate is that his belated request for recount was rejected the Returning Office.
“Everybody (except Mr Modi) knows this fact. I am sure he will stage more fake encounters with facts and entertain people,” Chidambaram said.
His repeated reference to “fake encounter” is an apparent taunt at the various alleged fake encounters in Gujarat in Modi’s tenure to eliminate suspected terrorists and the controversies that stemmed from there.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The minister plans to issue a detailed statement tomorrow with facts and figures on Modi’s criticism about him on the handling of the economy and the current situation.