Hitting back at Finance Minister P Chidambaram for his remarks against Narendra Modi, BJP on Monday accused him and Congress of being the “biggest patrons” of crony capitalism in India.
The principal opposition party also accused Chidambaram of “running away” from Lok Sabha election contest and said it was the “first open confession by a tottering Congress government that it had no will to fight”.
Reacting sharply to Chidambaram’s attack on Modi for promoting “crony capitalism” and dismissing questions raised by BJP leader Yashwant Sinha as “puerile”, BJP said what the Finance Minister was saying were “white lies”.
“Mr Chidambaram is speaking a white lie when he is saying that crony capitalism is with Narendra Modi. It is the Congress-led UPA in general and Mr Chidambaram in particular, who are the biggest patrons of crony capitalism in India,” BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said while citing 2G spectrum allocation, Aircel-Maxis deal and coal blocks allotment as examples in this regard.
BJP said it was happy that Chidambaram had “bothered to react” and was batting for the Congress party, but he has got “retired hurt on the very first delivery”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Taking a jibe at Chirambaram deciding not to contest this time, Prasad said, “Your decision to run away from election was the first open confession by a tottering Congress government that it had no will to fight and had admitted defeat publicly.”
Prasad also said the stock markets reacted positively to this development and were rising on the hopes of a Narendra Modi government coming to power instead.
Responding to the Finance Minister’s remarks against the former Finance Minister Sinha that he had a “distant memory” of economy, the BJP leader said, “Mr Chidambaram you are suffering from selective memory while replying to Yashwant Sinha’s questions.”