In an oblique disapproval of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan’s meeting with BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi in Ahmedabad Tuesday, senior Congress leader and External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid has said the “past events” should not be forgotten. “…Aap Salman Khan saab ki baat kare ya meri baat kare, har ek ko haq hai ki apni bachchon ki hifazat ke liye soche aur soch ke faisla kare (Whether you are talking about Salman Khan or me, everybody has the right to think about the safety of his or her children and arrive at an informed decision).
“…Lekin han tarikh se sikhna chahiye ki kya hua tha, kya kya dekh chuke hain…Jo saamne log aa rahe hai unke haton ka rang kya hai aur unke kiye hue karname kitne kale hai ya kitne safed hai. Yeh hamey sochna chahiye aur fir apna faisla karna chahiye…(We must learn from the past what had happened, what we had seen. We must know the credentials of those people coming forward (to lead the country) and whether the acts committed by them are good or bad,” Khurshid said in an indirect reference to 2002 Gujarat communal riots. “One should act only after considering all these aspects,” he added.
He was responding to a query on Salman Khan meeting Modi in Ahmedabad and flying kites with him at the annual Kite Festival to mark “Makar Sankranti”. Khurshid was in the city to attend a programme organised by the All India Khilafat Committee to mark Eid-e-Miladun-Nabi at Byculla. Khurshid said in democracy, anybody can join hands with people of his choice. “..But we should think of how our children will go ahead in their life and stay safe”, he added. Asked to comment on Salman Khan’s statement that the “best man should become PM”, Khurshid said, “..Be it a film star or any other individual, it is his personal opinion”.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai