AAP government’s much-talked- about first ‘janta darbar’ outside the Delhi Secretariat here on Saturday witnessed chaos and mismanagement, forcing Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to leave the venue midway as hundreds jostled with each other to register their grievances.
Kejriwal promised better arrangements next time and said people’s grievances will be addressed effectively.
“Go back home now. Give us some time to streamline the system. We will address all your grievances. We will make better arrangements next time,” Kejriwal, who stood on the boundary wall of the Secretariat, told the crowd after making a second entry into the venue.
A senior minister said the session was not suspended due to chaos as the timing scheduled for it was between 9 AM to 11:30 AM.
Earlier, Kejriwal was whisked away by police personnel due to security reasons as the surging crowd broke barricades.
“We will have to improve the arrangements.If I had not left the place then there was a possibility of a stampede.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Everybody wanted to meet me.We will streamline the system so that similar situation does not recur,” Kejriwal said.
The Chief Minister was taken to his office by police personnel after the crowd at the public meet outside Delhi Secretariat went out of control.
The entire Delhi Cabinet was present at the public hearing outside the Delhi Secretariat in Indraprastha Extension to attend grievances of the citizens.
Kejriwal convened the Janta Darbar as part of his policy to directly interact with the common people and resolve their problems.
Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti, who was seen collecting written complaints from people, said it was a good experiment and such exercises must continue.
“I am not harassed. It is a good experiment and I believe that such experiments must continue,” Bharti said, adding they were categorising the various complaints received.
A number of people who came to the Janta Darbar said they were “dejected” but have not lost hope.