- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Chaos erupts at Modi’s Gaya rally venue
Bharatiya Janata Party PM candidate Narendra Modi’s rally in Gaya was on Thursday marred by initial chaos before the Gujarat chief minister arrived at the venue.
According to reports, trouble erupted after the crowd entered the media enclosures leading to chaos just before Modi was to arrive at the rally venue.
The police had to use batons and resort to lathicharge to disperse the crowd. In retaliation, the agitated people hurled shoes and bottles on the police.
Earlier, Modi’s Bharat Vijay rally faced resistance when the Maoist blew up the mobile towers on Thursday morning.
Modi was scheduled to address two election rallies at Maoist-hit Sasaram and Gaya on Thursday.