Former Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri on Sunday said changing guard in the state will not bring any change to Congress’ image.
“In the last ten years, Congress government was mired in corrupt practices and replacing Vijay Bahuguna with Harish Rawat as the state Chief Minister will not bring any change to its image in the state,” he said.
Training his guns against the Congress, Khanduri accused the state government for bringing a weak Lokayukta legislation which promotes corruption.
“The Lokayukta legislation brought up by the Congress government is toothless and has been brought in to save the corrupt people,” he said.
Khanduri said the BJP government had already come up with a strong Lokayukta legislation but the Congress government rejected it.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016