Once again defying the party line on the eve of general elections, CPI (M) central committee member and Kerala Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan on Friday wrote to the Chief Minister Oommen Chandy that CBI should probe into the conspiracy behind the murder of party rebel T P Chandrasekharan.
Two weeks back, CPI (M) had found Achuthanandan’s support for the demand for CBI probe as anti-party. While the party is vehemently opposed to CBI probe, Achuthanandan said that the Government should consider the demand of Chandrasekharan’s widow K K Rama. In his letter, Achuthanandan said the case has international ramification considering the meeting gold smuggler Fayas had with Chandrasekharan’s killers in jail.
Party state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan tried to play down the issue, saying that Achuthanandan would not send such a letter. “There are chances that his letter pad might have been misused by the sacked personal staff members.” However, confirming the news, Achuthanandan said, “let the party discuss my letter.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Even in the past, Achuthanandan had embarrassingly defied the party stand on controversies related to the rebel leader’s murder.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the government has in-principal decided to go for CBI probe to unravel the high-level conspiracy in the murder.
Earlier, murdered CPI (M) leader T P Chandrasekharan’s widow ended her indefinite fast after the Congress government in-principle decided to go for a CBI probe into the conspiracy behind the murder of the rebel leader. K K Rama had begun her indefinite fast on Monday.
After the cabinet meeting, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the government has accepted the demand for CBI probe. But, the official formalities have to be completed.
To facilitate a CBI probe, Rama had moved a fresh complaint with the police, alleging that state-level CPI (M) leaders were involved in the conspiracy behind the murder. She said since local leaders in two districts were involved in the case, the conspiracy would not have taken place without the consent of the senior party leaders.