Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister- designate N Chandrababu Naidu is set to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other union ministers in New Delhi on Friday to discuss various issues about the state, before bifurcation.
Naidu, who is scheduled to New Delhi tomorrow morning, would first meet Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharati to discuss the Polavaram multi-purpose irrigation project issue.
He would meet the Prime Minister in the evening to discuss granting of “special state” status to Andhra Pradesh for a period of ten years, and not five years as incorporated in the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act 2014. Naidu is expected to press for an ordinance in this regard, sources close to him said.
He is also expected to take up issues like division of assets and liabilities between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, besides allocation of staff and power, among other issues.
The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief who is set to take oath as Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister on June 8, would also extend an invitation to the Prime Minister for his swearing-in ceremony, sources said. The issue of Andhra Pradesh’s new state capital and central funding for it would also be discussed, sources said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016