TDP leader Chandrababu Naidu on Thursday met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on the issue of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, seeking her “good offices” to settle the issue amicably while accusing Congress of playing “dirty politics” on this matter.
“TDP is very clear from the beginning. There is a sentiment in Telangana. And at the same time, you have to do the bifurcation in a judicious way with the consent of everybody,” he told reporters after holding discussions with Jayalalithaa at her Poes Garden residence for over half an hour.
“There should be consensus on the matter and we have to do justice to both regions and then only we have to do that (bifurcation),” he said.
With the issue gaining national momentum with anti-Telangana leaders, including Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy staging protests in Delhi, Naidu said the matter has become a “national crisis”.
Asked about his stand in the context of the issue becoming a national crisis, he merely said he was very clear that Congress was playing “all dirty politics”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“They are responsible for this. They don’t have any value, any morals. At least now, President of India (should) call both the regions and ask them to sit together, discuss, debate and solve the problem amicably,” he said.
Asked if he was for bifurcation of his state, Naidu said that states were divided following proper procedures.
“States were divided following due procedures and after convincing everybody and this was the case with Chennai also,” he said in an apparent reference to the creation of Andhra Pradesh from Tamil Nadu, based on linguistic lines.
“There is a procedure. Otherwise nobody can do. For political gain, for seats and votes, you cannot destroy the community. You cannot play with the lives of people. That is what I am saying,” he said.