In a last ditch effort, TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday appealed to BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to “use his good office” to keep Andhra Pradesh united till an amicable solution is reached on the issue of creation of separate Telangana. “I met Modi. I requested him. They (Congress) are doing
all these things. These are all the violations.. … So you use your good office…You tell our party (to stop it)…,” he said. Naidu, who is believed to be moving closer to BJP-led NDA, said he was not bothered about alliance at a time when the country is in crisis. “I am not bothered about alliance…But first, our duty is very clear. Country is in deep trouble. This is a nationalcrisis,” the TDP chief said.
He urged all political parties to use their wisdom, protect the Constitution, protect the spirit of federalism and solve the problems. “I am appealing to everybody. I have met leaders of all political parties. …Rise to the occasion. Be statesmen. … Otherwise (bifurcation) will be a big humiliation for Seemandhra people,” the former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister said.
He said the Centre was going ahead with the division process in total violation of the Constitution. “It is also violating the Supreme Court judgement in the S R Bommai case and unilateral and arbitrary use of Article 3 of the Constitution. First you amend the Constitution. Then do the bifurcation process,” Naidu said.
He said this type of situation has never arisen during the creation of any other state, he said, noting that the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh is taking place even after the state Assembly rejected the Centre’s proposal in this regard.
Meanwhile, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath, who met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at his Parliament House office, is believed to have discussed the issue of passing the Telangana bill in Parliament. Seeking the support of the BJP for the Telangana Bill, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh held a separate meeting with leaders including L K Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More