In a last ditch effort, TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday appealed to BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to “use his good office” to keep Andhra Pradesh united till an amicable solution is reached on the issue of creation of separate Telangana. “I met Modi. I requested him. They (Congress) are doing
all these things. These are all the violations.. … So you use your good office…You tell our party (to stop it)…,” he said. Naidu, who is believed to be moving closer to BJP-led NDA, said he was not bothered about alliance at a time when the country is in crisis. “I am not bothered about alliance…But first, our duty is very clear. Country is in deep trouble. This is a nationalcrisis,” the TDP chief said.
He urged all political parties to use their wisdom, protect the Constitution, protect the spirit of federalism and solve the problems. “I am appealing to everybody. I have met leaders of all political parties. …Rise to the occasion. Be statesmen. … Otherwise (bifurcation) will be a big humiliation for Seemandhra people,” the former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister said.
He said the Centre was going ahead with the division process in total violation of the Constitution. “It is also violating the Supreme Court judgement in the S R Bommai case and unilateral and arbitrary use of Article 3 of the Constitution. First you amend the Constitution. Then do the bifurcation process,” Naidu said.
He said this type of situation has never arisen during the creation of any other state, he said, noting that the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh is taking place even after the state Assembly rejected the Centre’s proposal in this regard.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Meanwhile, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath, who met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at his Parliament House office, is believed to have discussed the issue of passing the Telangana bill in Parliament. Seeking the support of the BJP for the Telangana Bill, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh held a separate meeting with leaders including L K Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley.