A day after Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal reportedly raised the issue of transferring Chandigarh to Punjab with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Saturday asserted that Union Territory Chandigarh belonged to Haryana.
“Chandigarh belongs to Haryana. It is the capital of both Punjab and Haryana and is also a Union Territory,” Hooda told reporters here.
Hooda’s attention was drawn towards the statement made by Punjab Chief Minister who had called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and reportedly discussed with him the issue of Chandigarh.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Asked to respond on possibility of weak monsoon, Hooda said his government has never let the crops of farmers wither away for want of water.
If the monsoon remained weak this year, the state government would not let farmers suffer, he said.
Meanwhile, the Haryana Chief Minister on Saturday administered oath of affirmation and secrecy to Khazan Singh Sangwan as Chairman of Haryana Teachers Selection Board here, an official release said here.