A day after Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal reportedly raised the issue of transferring Chandigarh to Punjab with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Saturday asserted that Union Territory Chandigarh belonged to Haryana.
“Chandigarh belongs to Haryana. It is the capital of both Punjab and Haryana and is also a Union Territory,” Hooda told reporters here.
Hooda’s attention was drawn towards the statement made by Punjab Chief Minister who had called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and reportedly discussed with him the issue of Chandigarh.
Asked to respond on possibility of weak monsoon, Hooda said his government has never let the crops of farmers wither away for want of water.
If the monsoon remained weak this year, the state government would not let farmers suffer, he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Meanwhile, the Haryana Chief Minister on Saturday administered oath of affirmation and secrecy to Khazan Singh Sangwan as Chairman of Haryana Teachers Selection Board here, an official release said here.