Chaiwalahs or tea sellers of Benares seem to have joined an unofficial race to join the ‘Kashi Naresh’ for accompanying BJP’s Prime Ministerial
candidate Narendra Modi for his nomination.
Speculation is rife a paanwala and ‘Kashi Naresh’ (Benares king) Anant Narayan Singh may propose Modi’s name for nomination after Modi took along a tea seller and a royal family member as proposers for his nomination to Vadodara Lok Sabha contest in Gujarat.
Among others, there is also buzz of a boatman or a Muslim weaver accompanying Modi for his nomination.
While BJP leaders say nothing has been finalised officially for nomination, including the date, tea sellers are already engaging in heated discussions about whether one of them should join Modi for his nomination.
“It’s like a race even before bugle has been sounded,” a local BJP leader said, while adding that Modi was likely to file his nomination here towards the end only, depending on his campaign schedule for the entire country. Nominations would begin on April 17 and continue till April 24.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
When asked whether a tea seller and a royal would join Modi for nomination filing, senior BJP leader Nalin Kohli, who is camping here for polls, said that the party would announce the nomination details at an opportune time.
Anant Narayan Singh, whose ancestors had ruled the city of Kashi (the old name of Varanasi) and who is still known as Kashi Naresh, could not be contacted for his comments.
This seat will go to polls on May 12.