Chaiwalahs or tea sellers of Benares seem to have joined an unofficial race to join the ‘Kashi Naresh’ for accompanying BJP’s Prime Ministerial
candidate Narendra Modi for his nomination.
Speculation is rife a paanwala and ‘Kashi Naresh’ (Benares king) Anant Narayan Singh may propose Modi’s name for nomination after Modi took along a tea seller and a royal family member as proposers for his nomination to Vadodara Lok Sabha contest in Gujarat.
Among others, there is also buzz of a boatman or a Muslim weaver accompanying Modi for his nomination.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While BJP leaders say nothing has been finalised officially for nomination, including the date, tea sellers are already engaging in heated discussions about whether one of them should join Modi for his nomination.
“It’s like a race even before bugle has been sounded,” a local BJP leader said, while adding that Modi was likely to file his nomination here towards the end only, depending on his campaign schedule for the entire country. Nominations would begin on April 17 and continue till April 24.
When asked whether a tea seller and a royal would join Modi for nomination filing, senior BJP leader Nalin Kohli, who is camping here for polls, said that the party would announce the nomination details at an opportune time.
Anant Narayan Singh, whose ancestors had ruled the city of Kashi (the old name of Varanasi) and who is still known as Kashi Naresh, could not be contacted for his comments.
This seat will go to polls on May 12.