Turning emotional in Karnataka Assembly over an audio CD on the cash-for-MLC seat controversy involving him, JDS leader and former chief minister H D Kumaraswamy on Wednesday offered to face any probe into the issue and said he was ready to go to jail if he was guilty.
Raising the issue during the debate on revenue related matters, Kumaraswamy maintained that he had committed no crime and had only spoken about the falling standards of politics, which has landed him in a major political row.
“I am ready to face any kind of probe. I am ready to go tojail,” said an emotional Kumaraswamy who, in the CD clips played by TV channels, purportedly told supporters of MLC seat aspirant Vijugowda Patil, a JDS leader from Bijapur district, about the demand for money from his party MLAs.
“40 people (JDS MLAs) are asking for 40 crore… This is my fate,” Kumaraswamy is heard saying.
The JDS leader also said, “I am also ready for a debate on the the issue on the floor of the House.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Ever since the controversy exploded in his face, Kumaraswamy has maintained that no transaction had taken place and he was being portrayed as if he was a “villain” and had committed “a sin”.