CBI has registered five cases related to alleged swindling of funds in the implementaion of centrally-sponsored Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGA) in Uttar Pradesh during the rule of Mayawati-led BSP.
CBI sources said cases of criminal conspiracy, cheating, forgery under Indian Penal Code and misuse of officials’ position under the Prevention of Corruption Act have been registered regarding alleged financial irregularities in Gonda, Balrampur, Sonbhadra, Mahoba and Kushinagar districts.
They said FIRs have been registered against officials who were directly linked with the implementation of the scheme in these districts during 2007-10 but no official has been named in these reports.
The agency is likely to registered two more cases soon.
CBI has asked the district administrations and state government to keep a safe custody of records related to MGNREGA in these districts.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The agency has taken over the cases on the orders of Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court which directed it to investigate the alleged abuse and misappropriation of funds as well as abuse of power under MNREGA scheme in seven districts of Uttar Pradesh.
The court had directed CBI to investigate the abuse and misappropriation of funds as well as the abuse of power under MNREGA scheme in seven districts–Balrampur, Gonda, Mahoba, Sonbhadra, Sant Kabir Nagar, Mirzapur and Kushinagar–between 2007 and 2010 and come up with appropriate action and prosecution in accordance with law.
The bench had said a further writ in the nature of mandamus was issued directing CBI to hold a preliminary inquiry with regard to other districts of the state for the three years relating to abuse, misuse or misappropriation of funds provided by the Centre under the scheme with follow-up of regular enquiry, if required.