An FIR was on Saturday lodged against AAP leader Kumar Vishwas and his 40 supporters at Shukul Bazar police station here for violating Model Code of Conduct.
Vishwas and his supporters violated Section 144 (unlawful assembly) and Model Code of Conduct while on their way to offer “chadar” at the shrine of Baba Latif Shah in Jagdishpur with more than six vehicles in his cavalcade without permission, Jagdishpur Deputy Superintendent of Police Sumit Misra said.
An FIR was lodged under Sections 188 (Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 171J (charges related to every member of unlawful assembly) of IPC against Vishwas and his supporters, he said.
However, media in-charge of Vishwas, Pankaj, claimed that permission for the same had been taken from the administration, yet the police stopped them from going to the shrine.
Misra, however, said that Vishwas was allowed to proceed in one vehicle to pay his obeisance at the shrine.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Later, Vishwas alleged that the FIR had been lodged by the State government at the instigation of Centre and local MP and Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
This is the fifth FIR lodged against Vishwas and his supporters in Amethi and Sultanpur ever since he started his election campaign.