An FIR was on Saturday lodged against AAP leader Kumar Vishwas and his 40 supporters at Shukul Bazar police station here for violating Model Code of Conduct.
Vishwas and his supporters violated Section 144 (unlawful assembly) and Model Code of Conduct while on their way to offer “chadar” at the shrine of Baba Latif Shah in Jagdishpur with more than six vehicles in his cavalcade without permission, Jagdishpur Deputy Superintendent of Police Sumit Misra said.
An FIR was lodged under Sections 188 (Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 171J (charges related to every member of unlawful assembly) of IPC against Vishwas and his supporters, he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, media in-charge of Vishwas, Pankaj, claimed that permission for the same had been taken from the administration, yet the police stopped them from going to the shrine.
Misra, however, said that Vishwas was allowed to proceed in one vehicle to pay his obeisance at the shrine.
Later, Vishwas alleged that the FIR had been lodged by the State government at the instigation of Centre and local MP and Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
This is the fifth FIR lodged against Vishwas and his supporters in Amethi and Sultanpur ever since he started his election campaign.