- BJP poses five questions to AAP, Kejriwal says let’s debate
- In last leg, BJP goes back to Modi
- In Swachh Bharat times, BJP leaves a mess in Paharganj
- In Batla House, Muslim leader from Gujarat backs Modi, BJP
- Okhla’s election battle rests on what lies six feet under
- Lawyer files complaint against Kejriwal for ‘abetting bribery’
- Congress, BJP workers defect to AAP
Case against Vishwas for violating Model Code of Conduct
An FIR was on Saturday lodged against AAP leader Kumar Vishwas and his 40 supporters at Shukul Bazar police station here for violating Model Code of Conduct.
Vishwas and his supporters violated Section 144 (unlawful assembly) and Model Code of Conduct while on their way to offer “chadar” at the shrine of Baba Latif Shah in Jagdishpur with more than six vehicles in his cavalcade without permission, Jagdishpur Deputy Superintendent of Police Sumit Misra said.
An FIR was lodged under Sections 188 (Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 171J (charges related to every member of unlawful assembly) of IPC against Vishwas and his supporters, he said.
However, media in-charge of Vishwas, Pankaj, claimed that permission for the same had been taken from the administration, yet the police stopped them from going to the shrine.
Misra, however, said that Vishwas was allowed to proceed in one vehicle to pay his obeisance at the shrine.
Later, Vishwas alleged that the FIR had been lodged by the State government at the instigation of Centre and local MP and Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
This is the fifth FIR lodged against Vishwas and his supporters in Amethi and Sultanpur ever since he started his election campaign.