- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
- After Rahul word, concrete offer: Flats for slum dwellers
Case against Jaya Prada for violating poll code
A case has been registered against Rashtriya Lok Dal candidate Jaya Prada and party’s district president Ajit Rathi for violation of Model Code of Conduct here, police said on Wednesday.
They said the yesteryear actress, who is contesting from Bijnore Lok Sabha constituency was charged for violating model code of conduct yesterday for holding a public meeting without seeking permission from the district administration.
Similar cases were also registered against BJP and Congress party workers for hoisting party flags on government buildings here, which is prohibited during imposition of model code of conduct, they said.