Targeting Rahul Gandhi, BJP today asked the Congress whether it has the capacity to accept defeat of his leadership in the election battle against Narendra Modi.
“Does the Congress party honestly have the capacity to accept that as the undeclared Prime Ministerial candidate of the party, Rahul Gandhi did not measure up in a comparison with Narendra Modi?” BJP leader Arun Jaitley wrote in his last daily blog, which he started during the election campaign.
Accusing Congress of being controlled by a family, the Rajya Sabha MP said that Gandhi-led party is unlikely to rectify its mistake.
“Being a party controlled by a family it is inherent in the belief of the Congress that the family can do no wrong. The Gandhis never make a mistake. Either they are being misguided or the responsibility of failure belongs to somebody else.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Jaitley said the Congress will be in no mood to come on a correction course and will be compelled to justify the same error which has “cost it” 2014.
Referring to the exit polls, he said they present a gloomy picture for the Congress. “Such adversities are not unusual. They are a part of the political cycle.”
He further said modesty in victory, graciousness in defeat can demonstrate mature political thinking. “Salman Khurshid’s reaction to my comment on the Prime
Minister, Dr. Mammohan Singh, was indeed disappointing. What was intended to be a gracious comment on the eve of the Prime Minister’s farewell was retorted to by Salman in anger, if not discourteous.”
Taking on Congress leader Anand Sharma, Jaitley said his statement on Army Chief’s appointment shows “high degree of arrogance.”
“Every time Anand Sharma appears on television he is angrier than ever before. He conveys the impression that he was born to rule and his right is being forcibly snatched away.”
Jaitley said BJP does not wish to bring the newly appointed Army Chief into any controversy. “The requirements of State craft would suggest that,” he said.