Amid speculation regarding changes in the BJP organisation and Cabinet formation, several BJP leaders Saturday met Narendra Modi at Gujarat Bhawan, while senior RSS functionary Suresh Soni was learnt to have met Rajnath Singh amid indications the BJP chief may be nudged to move from party organisation to the government.
Among those who met Modi were former party chief Venkaiah Naidu, former Madhya Pradesh CM Uma Bharti and general secretaries Amit Shah, J P Nadda and Ananth Kumar. While BJP’s alliance partner RPI’s leader Ramdas Athawale, called on Modi at Gujarat Bhawan, TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu met Rajnath in the evening. Naidu is slated to meet Modi on Sunday regarding TDP members’ participation in the government. Several other alliance partners — Ram Vilas Paswan (LJP), Upendra Kushwaha (RLSP) and Anupriya Patel (Apna Dal) — also called on Rajnath at his residence.
The TDP, Shiv Sena and the RPI have mounted pressure on the BJP to ensure allies get a fair share of representation in the government.
These meetings hold significance in wake of the fact that Modi Friday held a high-level meeting with Rajnath, former party chief Nitin Gadkari and senior party leader Arun Jaitley to arrive at an understanding regarding government formation.
While party leaders remained tight-lipped about the portfolios of individual leaders, sources suggest Rajnath and Gadkari may be asked to join the government. , indicating that the party will also have to finalise the name of the new party president.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Party sources claimed individual leaders have not yet been intimated about their roles in the government and suggested that they may be told about it only late Sunday night or Monday morning.