The BJP on Friday asked the Election Commission take cognisance of Syed Ahmed Bukhari’s appeal to Muslims to support Congress in the polls and accused Sonia and Rahul Gandhi of “communalising the whole election”.
Reacting sharply to the Delhi Jama Masjid Shahi Imam’s statement supporting Congress, BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said Congress leaders were seeking support of the people like Bukhari as they failed in all fronts.
“We condemn Imam Bukhari’s statement. This government is desperate. They know they are going to lose very very heavily. Therefore, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi try to communalise the whole election. They have failed so Shahi Imam Bukhari has come to the front,” Prasad said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“The EC must take note of this rant communal appeal,” he said but noted that Bukhari’s statement will fail to influence the people because they are more concerned about burning issues like price rise, unemployment and sense of insecurity. Former SP leader Shahid Siddiqui also slammed Bukhari’s stand.