The BJP on Friday asked the Election Commission take cognisance of Syed Ahmed Bukhari’s appeal to Muslims to support Congress in the polls and accused Sonia and Rahul Gandhi of “communalising the whole election”.
Reacting sharply to the Delhi Jama Masjid Shahi Imam’s statement supporting Congress, BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said Congress leaders were seeking support of the people like Bukhari as they failed in all fronts.
“We condemn Imam Bukhari’s statement. This government is desperate. They know they are going to lose very very heavily. Therefore, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi try to communalise the whole election. They have failed so Shahi Imam Bukhari has come to the front,” Prasad said.
“The EC must take note of this rant communal appeal,” he said but noted that Bukhari’s statement will fail to influence the people because they are more concerned about burning issues like price rise, unemployment and sense of insecurity. Former SP leader Shahid Siddiqui also slammed Bukhari’s stand.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More