The Budget Session on Monday started on stormy note due to disruptions by Opposition on the issue of price rise and rail fare hike.
Here are the highlight of the Day 1 of the Budget Session in the Parliament:
# The Opposition insists on a discussion on issues of price rise and rail fare hike through adjournment motions. Disruptions by the Opposition leads to adjournment twice.
# Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu says the government has nothing to hide and was ready for discussion on the matter under Rule 193. Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan rejected the notices for adjournment motions but said she was ready to have special discussion under Rule 193 that does not entail voting.
# Under attack over rising prices, Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu says that a one-month-old government which is yet to take policy decisions cannot be held responsible for price rise.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
# Congress President Sonia Gandhi makes a strong pitch for the party being given the post of Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha contending that it is the single largest party in the opposition.
# Congress leaders try to gherao the Parliament House to protest against the BJP-led NDA government over price rise and rail fare hike. Congress leaders and workers shout slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Sansad Marg near Parliament Street Police Station.
# During a discussion on inflation on the opening day of the Budget session in Rajya Sabha, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley puts all the blame for the current situation on food prices as also the recent railway fare hike on the previous UPA government, saying it had inherited a ‘legacy’ from it.
# The opposition including Congress, BSP, SP and Trinamool Congress, ridicules the government and NDA’s poll slogan of ‘achhe din’ (good days), wondering whether it was reflected by the rise in prices of food items like onion and potato and hike in rail fares and diesel cost.
(With PTI inputs)