The Budget Session on Monday started on stormy note due to disruptions by Opposition on the issue of price rise and rail fare hike.
Here are the highlight of the Day 1 of the Budget Session in the Parliament:
# The Opposition insists on a discussion on issues of price rise and rail fare hike through adjournment motions. Disruptions by the Opposition leads to adjournment twice.
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
# Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu says the government has nothing to hide and was ready for discussion on the matter under Rule 193. Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan rejected the notices for adjournment motions but said she was ready to have special discussion under Rule 193 that does not entail voting.
# Under attack over rising prices, Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu says that a one-month-old government which is yet to take policy decisions cannot be held responsible for price rise.
# Congress President Sonia Gandhi makes a strong pitch for the party being given the post of Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha contending that it is the single largest party in the opposition.
# Congress leaders try to gherao the Parliament House to protest against the BJP-led NDA government over price rise and rail fare hike. Congress leaders and workers shout slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Sansad Marg near Parliament Street Police Station.
# During a discussion on inflation on the opening day of the Budget session in Rajya Sabha, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley puts all the blame for the current situation on food prices as also the recent railway fare hike on the previous UPA government, saying it had inherited a ‘legacy’ from it.
# The opposition including Congress, BSP, SP and Trinamool Congress, ridicules the government and NDA’s poll slogan of ‘achhe din’ (good days), wondering whether it was reflected by the rise in prices of food items like onion and potato and hike in rail fares and diesel cost.
(With PTI inputs)