BSP candidate from Etawah Ajay Pal Singh Jatav and eight of his associates were arrested and sent to jail for allegedly beating up a UP State Road Transport Corporation bus driver in Civil Lines area Saturday, a day after polling was held in the reserved constituency As per the police a bus, on way to bring homeguards for poll duty, hit the Tata Safari in which Jatav and his associates were travelling.
The incident took place near SSP residence crossing. Station Officer, Civil Lines, Jasbir Singh said, that while no one was injured, Jatav’s associates got down and started damaging window panes of the bus. They also dragged bus driver Rajesh Nagar (40), a native of Auraiya district, out of vehicle and started thrashing him. Locals informed the police, who rushed to the spot and rescued the driver.
They brought Jatav and his associates to the police station and sent the injured driver to the hospital. On a complaint by the driver, the police registered a case against Jatav and his associates on various charges, including attempt to murder.
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
The BSP candidate and his associates were arrested and produced before the court, which sent them to judicial custody. The SO added that Jatav also lodged a complaint on the basis of which an FIR has been registered against the driver for rash driving allegedly in an attempt to kill them (BSP leader and his men).