BSP candidate from Etawah Lok Sabha seat Ajay Pal Singh and his eight supporters were on Saturday arrested and sent to jail for allegedly assaulting a bus driver in the Civil Lines area here, police said.
Pal’s jeep brushed against the Roadways bus, after which the BSP candidate and his supporters damaged its windows and allegedly assaulted driver Rajesh Nagar, injuring him seriously, a police spokesperson said.
Both the parties were brought to the police station, from where the driver was admitted to hospital, the spokesperson said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Later, Nagar lodged a report against Ajay Pal and his supporters under different sections of the IPC.
Police said an FIR was lodged and the accused, including Ajay Pal, were produced in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate from where they were remanded to judicial custody.
The BSP candidate has also lodged an FIR against the bus driver.