BSP candidate from Etawah Lok Sabha seat Ajay Pal Singh and his eight supporters were on Saturday arrested and sent to jail for allegedly assaulting a bus driver in the Civil Lines area here, police said.
Pal’s jeep brushed against the Roadways bus, after which the BSP candidate and his supporters damaged its windows and allegedly assaulted driver Rajesh Nagar, injuring him seriously, a police spokesperson said.
Both the parties were brought to the police station, from where the driver was admitted to hospital, the spokesperson said.
Later, Nagar lodged a report against Ajay Pal and his supporters under different sections of the IPC.
Police said an FIR was lodged and the accused, including Ajay Pal, were produced in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate from where they were remanded to judicial custody.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The BSP candidate has also lodged an FIR against the bus driver.