Incumbent BSP MP from Muzaffarnagar Kadir Rana has filed his nomination for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Rana, who filed his nominations on Wednesday, held the BJP and Samajwadi Party responsible for Muzaffarnagar riots to polarise voters ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
Talking to media, after filing his nominations, he said that BSP would be contesting the LS elections on the issue of law and order, and development. He said his party had not allowed any communal riot in the state and sternly dealt with the communal forces.
He had left Samajwadi Party in 2007 to join Rashtriya Lok Dal and then switched to BSP in 2009. According to his affidavit, he has five cases against him including inciting communal violence here recently. Rana has a declared assets worth more than Rs six crore and partnership in 12 industries in the area.
Earlier, his wife Shahida Begum also filed her papers as an independent candidate from here. Muzaffarnagar will go to polls on April 10.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review