- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
BSP MP Kadir Rana files nomination from Muzaffarnagar
Incumbent BSP MP from Muzaffarnagar Kadir Rana has filed his nomination for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Rana, who filed his nominations on Wednesday, held the BJP and Samajwadi Party responsible for Muzaffarnagar riots to polarise voters ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
Talking to media, after filing his nominations, he said that BSP would be contesting the LS elections on the issue of law and order, and development. He said his party had not allowed any communal riot in the state and sternly dealt with the communal forces.
He had left Samajwadi Party in 2007 to join Rashtriya Lok Dal and then switched to BSP in 2009. According to his affidavit, he has five cases against him including inciting communal violence here recently. Rana has a declared assets worth more than Rs six crore and partnership in 12 industries in the area.
Earlier, his wife Shahida Begum also filed her papers as an independent candidate from here. Muzaffarnagar will go to polls on April 10.