- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
BSP leader announces Rs 1 crore bounty on Ramdev’s head
BSP Hoshiarpur Lok Sabha candidate Bhagwan Singh Chohan has a placed a bounty of Rs 1 crore on yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s head for his alleged “anti-Dalit” remarks.
“I am ready to pay Rs. 1 crore to the person who will bring his (Ramdev) head to me,” the BSP leader had said while burning the Yoga guru’s effigy on Sunday near Hoshiarpur bus stand for his alleged anti-Dalit remarks targeting Rahul Gandhi.
Chohan said he “stands by his statement on Ramdev.”
“What is wrong in my statement. If Ramdev could insult the entire women class, why cannot I give such statement,” Chohan said.
Hoshiarpur Deputy Commissioner Tanu Kashyap has directed his administration to take an appropriate action in this regard.