BSP on Tuesday demanded dismissal of the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh over deteriorating law and order situation and staged a walkout in the Rajya Sabha. Raising the issue soon after the House met for the day, BSP chief Mayawati raised the issue of alleged Badaun rape case and the killing of a BJP leader in Dadri near here saying there was total collapse of law and order in the state.
“The law and order situation is very bad. There is need for the central government to intervene and immediately impose President’s Rule in the state and dismiss the state government,” she said.
Mayawati said despite promising a CBI probe into the Badaun rape case, the Chief Minister is yet to recommend it. After this, BSP members rushed to the Well and started raising slogans demanding dismissal of the Akhilesh Yadav government.
Three SP members too entered the Well and raised counter slogans. Despite repeated requests by Chairman, Hamid Ansari for order in the House, BSP and SP members did not relent, leading to a ten-minute adjournment of the House. When the House reassembled, Mayawati again raised the demand but with no ruling from the Chair, she led her party members out of the House.
Mayawati later told reporters outside Parliament that her party would be forced to take a stand if President’s rule was not imposed in the state.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She said “jungle raj” is prevailed in UP and incidents such as rape and murder have become a regular feature there.
The BSP chief also accused the Prime Minister of maintaining silence on the issue, saying if Narendra Modi claims to be from backward class, why has he not spoken up on the incident as the victims too are from backward class.
No Union Minister has also spoken a word about the incident, she rued.
Mayawati said if the UP government did not hand over the Badaun case to the CBI in the next four days, her party will move court.