Drawing a contrast between Gujarat and Rajasthan in solar power and water supply, BJP’s PM nominee Narendra Modi Monday targeted UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra at a rally in Ratkudiya, 80 km from Jodhpur.
Promising water and power, Modi who took credit for bringing Narmada’s water to people’s doorstep, said Gujarat as well as Rajasthan were sun-scorched but he had set up Asia’s largest solar power plant in Gujarat while Rajasthan had only ‘damaad power’.
He said everyone has heard of ‘solar, wind, hydro and nuclear power’ but there is a unique variant ‘damaad power’ (son-in-law power).
Using the oft-repeated ‘Shehzada’ to refer to Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Modi alleged UPA had given away ‘thousands of acres belonging to farmers to Shehzada’s jijaji’.”
Modi said, “In dry states like Gujarat and Rajasthan we understand value of water. I brought Narmada waters to people’s doorstep. Aaj paani laane wala Gujarat ka bachha aapse kuchh maangne aaya hai. If you put put one Modi at the Centre and one Vasundhara here then we will become 11 and you can estimate the power of that. We need a favourable government at the Centre. If farmers here get water they will turn the earth into gold,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Modi, referring to NDA’s proposed river-linking project under A B Vajpayee, said, “Madam Sonia’s government locked up Atalji’s dream. If I come to power I will link rivers and reach water to the desert,” he said.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, who was present at the rally, said drinking water needs urgent attention and promised to improve water supply. Modi will campaign for Barmer candidate Col Sonaram Choudhary on April 12 against rebel BJP leader Jaswant Singh contesting as an independent candidate.