Drawing a contrast between Gujarat and Rajasthan in solar power and water supply, BJP’s PM nominee Narendra Modi Monday targeted UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra at a rally in Ratkudiya, 80 km from Jodhpur.
Promising water and power, Modi who took credit for bringing Narmada’s water to people’s doorstep, said Gujarat as well as Rajasthan were sun-scorched but he had set up Asia’s largest solar power plant in Gujarat while Rajasthan had only ‘damaad power’.
He said everyone has heard of ‘solar, wind, hydro and nuclear power’ but there is a unique variant ‘damaad power’ (son-in-law power).
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Using the oft-repeated ‘Shehzada’ to refer to Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Modi alleged UPA had given away ‘thousands of acres belonging to farmers to Shehzada’s jijaji’.”
Modi said, “In dry states like Gujarat and Rajasthan we understand value of water. I brought Narmada waters to people’s doorstep. Aaj paani laane wala Gujarat ka bachha aapse kuchh maangne aaya hai. If you put put one Modi at the Centre and one Vasundhara here then we will become 11 and you can estimate the power of that. We need a favourable government at the Centre. If farmers here get water they will turn the earth into gold,” he said.
Modi, referring to NDA’s proposed river-linking project under A B Vajpayee, said, “Madam Sonia’s government locked up Atalji’s dream. If I come to power I will link rivers and reach water to the desert,” he said.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, who was present at the rally, said drinking water needs urgent attention and promised to improve water supply. Modi will campaign for Barmer candidate Col Sonaram Choudhary on April 12 against rebel BJP leader Jaswant Singh contesting as an independent candidate.