Claiming that a political revolution is needed in the country, AAP convenor Arvind Kejriwal Sunday said it could begin by defeating Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi and BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Varanasi.
“Imagine on May 16 (when counting will take place)…you see Rahul Gandhi has lost from Amethi by 2 lakh votes. On May 17, Congress ke tukde tukde ho jayenge, gine nahi jayenge (Congress will disintegrate into pieces and it will be difficult to count them). It will be finished in this country,” Kejriwal said here.
On the first day of his three-day tour to canvas for party leader Kumar Vishwas who is pitted against Rahul, Kejriwal said the day the BJP and the Congress are defeated, a “new kind of political revolution” will take birth in India. “It is for that revolution that I am contesting from Varanasi. If Modi is defeated from Varanasi, BJP ke tukde tukde ho jayenge,” he added.
He said both the BJP and the Congress will be defeated in the Lok Sabha elections and claimed that “smaller parties such as the SP and the BSP” will fight among themselves. “Lok Sabha elections will take place again after one year and true and honest people will be elected,” he said.
Kejriwal, who started his campaign after visiting two local temples in Tikar Mafi, said Amethi voted for the Gandhi family as it never had any alternative.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“The BJP has put up a weak candidate — Smriti Irani — but AAP has given its biggest leader to Amethi in Kumar Vishwas.” He also claimed that Sonia Gandhi holding a rally in Amethi “after 10 years” indicates that the Congress is scared.
Vishwas also took pot-shots at the Congress. “Mummyji (Sonia) came here to tell that she has given her son to Amethi, and that the people should take care of him. She should instead ask Rahul if he has taken care of Amethi,” he said, adding that that till now “Amethi witnessed selection, it is witnessing election for the first time”.