Claiming that a political revolution is needed in the country, AAP convenor Arvind Kejriwal Sunday said it could begin by defeating Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi and BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Varanasi.
“Imagine on May 16 (when counting will take place)…you see Rahul Gandhi has lost from Amethi by 2 lakh votes. On May 17, Congress ke tukde tukde ho jayenge, gine nahi jayenge (Congress will disintegrate into pieces and it will be difficult to count them). It will be finished in this country,” Kejriwal said here.
On the first day of his three-day tour to canvas for party leader Kumar Vishwas who is pitted against Rahul, Kejriwal said the day the BJP and the Congress are defeated, a “new kind of political revolution” will take birth in India. “It is for that revolution that I am contesting from Varanasi. If Modi is defeated from Varanasi, BJP ke tukde tukde ho jayenge,” he added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He said both the BJP and the Congress will be defeated in the Lok Sabha elections and claimed that “smaller parties such as the SP and the BSP” will fight among themselves. “Lok Sabha elections will take place again after one year and true and honest people will be elected,” he said.
Kejriwal, who started his campaign after visiting two local temples in Tikar Mafi, said Amethi voted for the Gandhi family as it never had any alternative.
“The BJP has put up a weak candidate — Smriti Irani — but AAP has given its biggest leader to Amethi in Kumar Vishwas.” He also claimed that Sonia Gandhi holding a rally in Amethi “after 10 years” indicates that the Congress is scared.
Vishwas also took pot-shots at the Congress. “Mummyji (Sonia) came here to tell that she has given her son to Amethi, and that the people should take care of him. She should instead ask Rahul if he has taken care of Amethi,” he said, adding that that till now “Amethi witnessed selection, it is witnessing election for the first time”.