In a “fresh attempt” towards attracting investments and building Brand UP amidst the rout in the Lok Sabha elections and prevailing abysmal law and order situation in the state, the Akhilesh government has lined up a series of road shows and investors’ meets across the country and abroad.
With the target of attracting around Rs 25,000 crore investment, the first road show and investors’ meet is scheduled to take place in Delhi on June 12.
While the CM has avoided such meets in the past, sources inform he is personally going to look after these upcoming “open house” meetings with the representatives of Industrial houses and would sign memorandum of understanding “on the spot”. Later in the day (June 12), the CM is slated to meet representatives of around seven different countries “to explore the possibilities of foreign tie-ups”.
Unlike in the past, the state government has not disclosed details of the meeting in advance this time. But sources say signing of MoUs with Essel Group, Fortis, Sonalika and HPCL, among others, is very much on the cards. Of these, Essel Group is expected to walk away with the major chunk with investments in entertainment sector as well as Agro-based industries. The focus, primarily, would be on bringing investment in the Power sector followed by those in Automobile, Agriculture, Dairy and Food Processing, sources informed.
Up next are three other similar albeit “domestic” meets, planned in other parts of the country, with an aim to connect UP with IT cities like Hyderabad and Banglore. The officials along with the professional agencies are working to give final shape to the next eight-month plan to promote UP.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Akhilesh’s foreign tours are likely to begin from the last week of July with Canada expected to be his first destination where he will find, in 74-year-old Senator Asha Seth, support for his cause. Seth hails from UP and had completed her MBBS from King George’s Medical University in Lucknow. Earlier this year, she had led the Canadian trade mission to Uttar Pradesh and met the CM whom she had also invited to her country then.
Canada will be followed by visit to two Scandinavian countries and one in Middle East.
However, having faced bad experience in the past, with either the investors not turning up or the CM not attending the meet, both the government and the Industry are keeping their fingers crossed.