Parliament on Wednesday witnessed ruckus as both Lok Sabha as well as Rajya Sabha were adjourned till noon after uproar by Trinamool Congress MPs.
In Rajya Sabha, members of Congress and TMC created uproar alleging that members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) misbehaved with them. Rajya Sabha Chair Hamid Ansari asked the members to stop showing placards and banners inside the House.
Meanwhile, in Lok Sabha, Speaker Sumitra Mahajan warned the protesting MPs against unruly behaviour, saying she might be compelled to take stern steps.
Here are the updates:
12.14 pm: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley tables Economic Survey in Lok Sabha.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
12.12 pm: BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi attacks opposition members over ruckus in House, accused them of attacking the Chair.
12.10 pm: Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge raises Leader of Opposition issue in Lok Sabha.
12.09 pm: Rajya Sabha continues to witness ruckus.
12.07 pm: Lok Sabha resumes business after Speaker’s address.
12.06 pm: Use of foul language by members hurts the sentiment of people, says Lok Sabha Speaker.
12.05 pm: Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan addresses members, asking them to maintain proper behaviour inside House. She also asks members to not display placards and banners inside the House.