Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday ordered a CB-CID probe into the two bomb blasts on board the Bangalore-Guwahati train at the Central Railway Station, Chennai that left a woman passenger dead. Condemning the incident, Jayalalithaa assured people that there was no need for panic as security measures have been tightened.
“I strongly condemn the blasts. I have directed the police to coordinate with Railway Police to nab those behind this incident and initiate legal action against them. I have asked the CB-CID (Crime Branch CID) to probe this incident,” she said in a statement.
She expressed grief over the death of a 22-year-old woman and sympathised with the injured.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Chief Minister also announced Rs one lakh as ex gratia to the family of the deceased and Rs 50,000 and Rs 25,000 to the grievously injured and those who suffered minor injuries respectively.
One passenger was killed and 14 others injured in the twin bomb blasts that went off in quick succession on the Bangalore-Guwahati train on Thursday morning.