A suspected member of banned outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM) has been interrogated by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with its probe in Bodh Gaya serial blasts.
“In view of varying reports in certain sections of media regarding the arrest of an individual who is a resident of Arwal, Bihar, NIA clarifies that in pursuance of an on-going investigation the aforementioned subject was called for questioning under the prescribed provisions of law and has not been arrested as mentioned,” NIA said in a statement issued today.
It was reported by a section of the media that a team of NIA had on Saturday arrested Mohd Irfan, a suspected IM activist, from Auwgila village in Bihar’s Arwal district in connection with the Bodh Gaya serial blasts case.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“NIA would request not to carry speculative reportage on the issue as it may jeopardize the on-going investigation,” the release said.
NIA had detained two more persons–Raj Nandan and Ranjan-for interrogation from different villages of the same district. The duo were released after interrogation.
The Indian Mujahideen had carried out serial blasts at the Mahabodhi temple and adjoining areas in Bodh Gaya in which two persons were injured on July 7, 2013