Terming BJP as “power hungry” party, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Saturday said that the party’s identity is its “jalil vichar” (disgraceful views) and it believes in “telling and selling lies”.
“BJP is power hungry party. It is ready to do anything for grabbing power. They tell and sell lies, which is in it veins”, Gandhi said while addressing an election rally in her constituency.
“They (BJP men) themselves are neck deep in corruption and ask people to fight it. Their intentions have come to the fore from their campaigning. They did not feel shame in expressing their ‘jalil vichar’. Such views are their identity,” she added.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Attacking BJP further, Sonia said, “development is not possible only by lying. It requires farsightedness, dedication, compassion and a big heart which is speciality of the Congress. This is the reason why the country is developing today.”
“The people know that the party, which always stood for them is Congress. The relation of love and trust is made when you become real well wisher of the people. Yehi meri rajneetik zindagi ki jamapoonji hai (this is the asset of my political life”, she said.
Sonia said that it is upto the people to decide whether they want poor centric government or government of those who care about only a “selected few”.
Alleging that BJP has “divisive ideology”, Sonia said Congress’ ideology looks everyone with one eye and believes in uniting the society. Striking an emotional chord with people, Sonia said that last elections were fought by you all and this elections too is yours.
“You all should ensure that maximum number of votes are being cast in favour of Congress”, she said.