Criticising both BJP and Congress, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said their claims of ‘Gujarat Model’ and ‘Bharat Nirman’ respectively were “just an eyewash”.
“He (Narendra Modi) has been repeating ‘Gujarat Model’ for the past one-and-a-half years. Nobody knows what is ‘Gujarat Model’. We also don’t get to see Congress’s ‘Bharat Nirman’ anywhere. There has been no ‘Bharat Nirman’ for the past 10 years,” Yadav said.
It was the Samajwadi Party which cares for the common man, he told a rally in Kavinagar Ramleela Ground here.
Yadav also slammed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram for not contesting the Lok Sabha elections.
“The PM, who is claiming to have done ‘Bharat Nirman’, is not contesting elections. Even, his Finance Minister, who is responsible for the inflation, is also not contesting,” he said, adding BJP and Congress have invested crore of rupees to hire companies for publicity to “fool” the people.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Without naming Congress which have fielded actor-turned- politician Raj Babbar from Ghaziabad, Yadav said, “They used to allege that there were film actors in Samajwadi Party, but tell me from which party film actors are now contesting.”
“Film actors have surrounded Uttar Pradesh… Even, the prime ministerial candidate of opposition party, who is dreaming of becoming PM of this country, is also contesting elections from here as they know without winning UP, they cannot form the government at the Centre,” Yadav said.
He said his party, which has been raising issues facing the common man for several years, is the “people’s party”.
Later addressing a rally at Jahangirabad town in Bulandshahr, Yadav alleged that the ‘Gujarat Model’ is a model of communal hatred and not that of development as has been claimed by Modi.
Yadav promised to set up a medical college and a university at Noida. He also said that soon all towns in the state would be provided 24-hour electricity supply and villages 18 hours.
Later in Aligarh, the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister claimed that the ‘Gujarat Model’ of development was a myth created by a multi-crore media blitz.
Addressing a party rally at the exhibition grounds in Aligarh, Yadav said that if Gujarat had made “unusual progress” during the recent years then what was the need to hire one of the most expensive international media management group to highlight its achievement.
“It is only a matter of time before the people would come to know the truth behind the Gujarat Model,” Yadav said, adding that in all important development indexes Gujarat was behind other developed states.
Yadav said that contrary to the Gujarat government his government had launched several schemes for the welfare of the common man in Uttar Pradesh. He claimed that schemes for education and health care of girls in UP were followed by others states.
Attacking Congress, Yadav said the UPA had “miserably failed on the economic front as well as in its foreign policy”. “Under Manmohan Singh’s prime ministership, India’s prestige on the world stage has come down drastically,” he said.