Criticising both BJP and Congress, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said their claims of ‘Gujarat Model’ and ‘Bharat Nirman’ respectively were “just an eyewash”.
“He (Narendra Modi) has been repeating ‘Gujarat Model’ for the past one-and-a-half years. Nobody knows what is ‘Gujarat Model’. We also don’t get to see Congress’s ‘Bharat Nirman’ anywhere. There has been no ‘Bharat Nirman’ for the past 10 years,” Yadav said.
It was the Samajwadi Party which cares for the common man, he told a rally in Kavinagar Ramleela Ground here.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Yadav also slammed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram for not contesting the Lok Sabha elections.
“The PM, who is claiming to have done ‘Bharat Nirman’, is not contesting elections. Even, his Finance Minister, who is responsible for the inflation, is also not contesting,” he said, adding BJP and Congress have invested crore of rupees to hire companies for publicity to “fool” the people.
Without naming Congress which have fielded actor-turned- politician Raj Babbar from Ghaziabad, Yadav said, “They used to allege that there were film actors in Samajwadi Party, but tell me from which party film actors are now contesting.”
“Film actors have surrounded Uttar Pradesh… Even, the prime ministerial candidate of opposition party, who is dreaming of becoming PM of this country, is also contesting elections from here as they know without winning UP, they cannot form the government at the Centre,” Yadav said.
He said his party, which has been raising issues facing the common man for several years, is the “people’s party”.
Later addressing a rally at Jahangirabad town in Bulandshahr, Yadav alleged that the ‘Gujarat Model’ is a model of communal hatred and not that of development as has been claimed by Modi.
Yadav promised to set up a medical college and a university at Noida. He also said that soon all towns in the state would be provided 24-hour electricity supply and villages 18 hours.
Later in Aligarh, the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister claimed that the ‘Gujarat Model’ of development was a myth created by a multi-crore media blitz.
Addressing a party rally at the exhibition grounds in Aligarh, Yadav said that if Gujarat had made “unusual progress” during the recent years then what was the need to hire one of the most expensive international media management group to highlight its achievement.
“It is only a matter of time before the people would come to know the truth behind the Gujarat Model,” Yadav said, adding that in all important development indexes Gujarat was behind other developed states.
Yadav said that contrary to the Gujarat government his government had launched several schemes for the welfare of the common man in Uttar Pradesh. He claimed that schemes for education and health care of girls in UP were followed by others states.
Attacking Congress, Yadav said the UPA had “miserably failed on the economic front as well as in its foreign policy”. “Under Manmohan Singh’s prime ministership, India’s prestige on the world stage has come down drastically,” he said.