- The Big Picture: What’s AAP
- A year later, the tweak: Desh to Dilli
- Bus from Burari laden with volunteers and hope
- Rare day out for AAP families
- Riot of support for AAP in communal hot spots
- Hunt on for CM house, will not accept Z-plus security
- No word from high command, Delhi Congress in a paralysis
- Latest News
- Second time at Ramlila Maidan: Hope overrides their doubts
- Kejriwal has no portfolio, will keep an eye on others
- In sea of white caps, BJP troika plans to be ‘forceful opposition’
- MP, MLA see Punjab as the next AAP stop
- A year later, the tweak: Desh to Dilli
- Arvind Kejriwal repeats his advice to sting the corrupt, asks police to act against ‘goondagardi’
- Proud that one of our volunteers has become Delhi CM: Anna Hazare
- Arvind Kejriwal not to keep any portfolio
- Now an Aam Aadmi Party Cola by beverage-maker inspired by Arvind Kejriwal’s party
- New chief minister Arvind Kejriwal holds meetings at Delhi Secretariat
- Cong’s Ajay Maken blames Sheila Dikshit for Delhi polls debacle
- Left, right, AAP
BJP’s ‘chargesheet’ on UPA rule targets Sonia, Rahul
Denouncing UPA government as a “failure” on all fronts, BJP on Thursday came out with a scathing “chargesheet” on its 10-year rule that accused Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi of being equally guilty of all ills by exercising authority without responsibility.
The party picked holes in the government’s economic policies that brought “destruction”, its policy on defence and national security, foreign policy and “neglect” of North-East, besides “undermining” of institutions including “compromising the diginity and integrity” of the office of Prime Minister.
“This government is a failure on all fronts. The legacy of UPA for a great country like India is a suffering India, insecure India, distressed India, depressed India and an India whose image stands tainted because of the shameless saga of scams and corruption,” BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad.
This government will be remembered as the most corrupt government in Independent India, he claimed after releasing the “chargesheet”.
Targeting the Congress leadership, Prasad said, “The BJP’s first charge is Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi are equally guilty of all the ills in India along with Manmohan Singh, because they wanted to exercise authority without accountability.”
He accused the Congress leadership of a “deliberate, conscious devaluation” of the office of Prime Minister by Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi where Manmohan Singh acted more like a CEO of a Board where they had controlling interest.
The BJP “chargesheet” concludes by saying, “The Congress-led UPA government has indeed been a disaster for this country. It has only left a legacy of suffering, agony, disappointment and hopelessness for the people of India. Its misdeeds in various fields have shaken the very foundation of the country.”
Attacking the government on challenges to national security, Prasad said even though the Prime Minister had described left-wing extremists as the single biggest security threat to the country, yet the government’s response has not been commensurate with the gravity and magnitude of the threat.
“The soft faces of Maoist-Leftists extremist violence are having a pride of place in Sonia Gandhi’s National Advisory Council,” Prasad said, attacking the UPA Chairperson.
The 58-page documents highlights the “failures” of the UPA on various fronts, including unkept promises made in 2009.
Slamming UPA’s economic policy, BJP said this government has destroyed every engine of Indian economy, where inflation is uncontrolled, growth rate is declining and unemployment is going down.
The BJP charge-sheet lists at least ten alleged scams of Rs 10,000 crore and more, including the 2G Spectrum, Coal mines allocation, CWG, Air India, rotten food, ISRO-Devas and Defence land scam. Besides, it also listed many other alleged scams like the Adarsh, cash-for-vote, Tatra truck, Vadra land deal, KG Basin oil scam and AgustaWestland helicopter scams.
Attacking the government on the national security front, BJP accused Defence Minister A K Antony, saying, …continued »