Celebrations broke out among BJP workers here on Sunday after the party announced the candidature of Murli Manohar Joshi for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Amid bursting of crackers and distribution of sweets, local party leaders exuded confidence that Joshi would win the election by a large margin.
BJP on Saturday announced Joshi’s name from Kanpur Lok Sabha constituency, pitting him against three-time MP and Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal.
Surendra Mohan Agarwal of SP, Dr Mahmood Rehmani of AAP and Mohammed Saleem of BSP are the other major contenders in fray from the city. However, Saleem’s name is yet to be officially declared by BSP.
Joshi is expected visit Kanpur on March 21 and party workers are busy making arrangements to accord him a grand welcome, party leaders said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Former BJP MP Shyam Bihari Misra said there was a Narendra Modi wave in the country and “there is nothing left for Congress in this election”.
BJP MLA from Kanpur’s Aaryanagar constituency Salil Vishnoi said Joshi will infuse a sense of unity among party workers and ensure better coordination. “We will make every effort to ensure that he (Joshi) wins by a large margin,” he said.
BJP Kanpur president Surendra Maithani said Jaiswal will not stand a chance against Joshi. “Kanpur will become developed and people will have no problems once Joshi is elected from here,” he said, exuding confidence that the veteran leader would win by a margin of more than one lakh votes.
Maithani also said that Joshi’s campaign plan would be chalked out after Holi.