Murli Manohar Joshi, who is contesting from Kanpur Lok Sabha seat, was invited as the chief guest for the function organised by the BJP unit in the city on B R Ambedkar’s birth anniversary.
Instead of shouting slogans for Joshi, party workers chanted pro-Modi slogans such as ‘Har Har Modi, Jai Jai Modi’ (Hail Modi) and ‘Desh ka Pradhanmantri kaisa ho, Narendra Modi jaisa ho’ (Who should the country’s PM be like?, He should be like Narendra Modi!) on his arrival.
Despite efforts, the organisers failed to stop the party workers, who shouted pro-Modi slogans even when Joshi was leaving the function after it got over.
Joshi refused to speak to mediapersons at the function. However, BJP district unit chief Surendra Maithani said it cannot be denied that there is a wave of Modi in the country but at the same time victory for BJP in Kanpur is guaranteed as Joshi was contesting from here and it is a matter of prestige for the constituency.
In subtle comments aimed at the BJP PM candidate, Joshi had on Sunday said there was no Modi wave in the country but only a BJP wave.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The senior BJP leader, who had to make way for Modi for the Varanasi Lok Sabha seat, also suggested that the Gujarat model of development touted by Modi cannot be made applicable for all states, observing he did not favour a “straitjacket” model of one particular state.
Joshi, however, sought to dismiss the reports and denied there were any differences between him and Modi.
BJP too tried to downplay the remarks saying the party and Modi cannot be viewed separately and rejected suggestions of any infighting.