Narendra Modi-led National Democratic Alliance won the Lok Sabha elections in a landslide. In many states, the saffron party made a clean sweep reducing the Congress to its lowest ever performance.
Here is a summary of candidates who have won in the Seven Union Territories.
Delhi: BJP won all the seven seats in Delhi with its first victory from Chandini Chowk. Dr.Harsh Vardhan won by 13593 votes defeating Congress’s Kapil Sibal. The other BJP winners include Udit Raj, Manoj Tiwari, Parvesh Singh Verma, Meenakashi Lekhi,Ramesh Bidhuri and Maheish Girri.
Chandigarh: BJP’s Kirron Kher won the Chandigarh seat by defeating Congress leader Pawan Bansal and AAP’s Gul Panag.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands: BJP’s Bishnu Pada Ray won the Andaman and Nicobar seat by 7812 votes against rival Kuldeep Rai Sharma of the Congress.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Dadra and Nagar Haveli: Patel Natubhai Gomanbhai of BJP won by 6214 votes. Gomanbhai had contested against Delkar Mohanbhai Sanjibhai.
Lakshadweep: P P Mohammed Faisal of NCP won the Lakshadweep constituency.
Daman and Diu: Patel Lalubhai Babubhai of BJP won the Daman and Diu constituency by 9222 votes.
Puducherry: R.Radakrishna of All India N.R.Congress is leading by 60854 votes against V.Narayanasamy of Congress.