ENS & PTI
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi Thursday warned people that “divisive” politics of BJP would split India in “two parts” — one for the rich and another for the poor — if it was voted to power as he sharpened attack on NDA’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi by accusing him of promoting interests only of “a few select industrialists” in Gujarat at the cost of others.
Addressing an election rally in Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh, he said those behind the “India Shining” slogan wanted the country to be divided into two parts on economic lines, but the Congress would not allow it to happen. Rahul further stressed his charge against the saffron party during a public meeting in Korba, Chhattisgarh. “We want a united single Hindustan, whereas BJP wants it to divide into two parts,” he said.
Tearing into Modi’s much-touted “Gujarat model’’ of development, Rahul said a businessman had been given 45,000 acre at Re 1 per sq meter and claimed even those below poverty line do not get land at such a cheap price which can be compared to the cost of tea and toffee.
“If BJP comes to power, the country will fall in the grip of only five to six very rich people,” he said, while campaigning for sitting Khandwa MP and Congress nominee Arun Yadav. Rahul went on to say that the businessman’s assets have risen to Rs 40,000 crore during the rival party’s regime in Gujarat and a coastal land of an area equivalent to that of Mumbai was given to him for Rs 30 crore.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Punching holes in Modi’s development model, he claimed textile mills in his state had closed down and diamond industry was also not doing well. In Korba, Rahul said like Gujarat, the Chhattisgarh development model too was a “myth”. “Balco (an aluminium major)…was given to a businessman at a very low price during BJP rule (in Chhattisgarh)… Similarly in Gujarat, Modi sold farmers’ land at the rate of Re 1 per sq metre which was further sold by that businessman at Rs 800 per sq metre,” he alleged. He added, “These people do politics of hatred and anger but we stand for love and camaraderie. They want to divide the nation but we are committed to unity.”