- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
BJP welcomes security arrangements
Toning down their confrontation with the Election Commission over clutch of electoral issues in Varanasi, the BJP on Sunday welcomed the security arrangements made by the Election Commission to ensure free and fair elections.
“The BJP welcomes the security arrangements made by the Election Commission for Varanasi Lok Sabha,” BJP general secretary in-charge of Uttar Pradesh Amit Shah said in a press statement issued on the eve of polling in Varanasi Monday. However, Shah demanded suitable arrangements in four other Lok Sabha constituencies — Azamgarh, Ghosi, Ghazipur and Jaunpur — to ensure free and fair polling.