- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
BJP wave only in air, says Akhilesh Yadav
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said there was nothing like Gujarat model of development and the so-called BJP wave was only in the air.
“There is nothing like Gujarat model of development and the BJP wave is only in the air. It is the Samajwadi Party which works on the ground,” he told a poll rally at Sidhauli.
The Uttar Pradesh CM alleged that the BJP was a cunning and communal party which would divide the country. They talk about networking of rivers but the fact was that rivers in Gujarat were heavily polluted, he said. Only the SP could give a secular government and there would be no government at the Centre without the Samajwadi Party, Akhilesh said.
No one had as much experience as Mulayam Singh Yadav and only the SP could provide a secular government, he said. “Why BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was mum on the US despite not getting a visa while he always slams neighbouringing countries?” he asked.
Turning his guns on the Bahujan Samaj Party, Akhilesh said their government wasted money on installing statues. He listed achievements of his government like providing jobs in education and police departments.