On the birth anniversary of B R Ambedkar, Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati today attacked BJP leaders saying when polls come they see Dalits as Hindus but later they do not even like to sit with them, and the party was not happy when the architect of the Constitution got Bharat Ratna.
Her attack on BJP came soon after the party’s prime minister nominee Narendra Modi raked up Ambedkar to slam Congress.
“BJP had not liked it then — Bharat Ratna to Ambedkar–and using the Advani’s ‘rath yatra’ as an excuse it (BJP) withdrew support to VP Singh government,” Mayawati said adding that Modi was moving about making “false” claims on the issue.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
She also alleged that BJP was an elitist party.
“When elections come they see Dalits as Hindus but later they do not like even to sit with them… BJP people believe in caste and discrimination even today,” she said adding that BJP, Congress and SP who opposed her erecting statues in the memory of Ambedkar recall him at election time and later forget him.
Mayawati also said that it was BSP because of whose pressure Bharat Ratna was accorded to Ambedkar in 1990 when VP Singh was the prime minister.
When Mandal Commission was implemented and Bharat Ratna was accorded on Ambedkar during VP Singh’s tenure, the BJP was not happy, she claimed.
“And hiding behind the excuse of obstruction of the Advani’s ‘rath yatra’, the party withdrew support from the VP Singh government,” she said.
The BSP supremo said that Dalits and backwards will not be “misguided” as they want that the girl of their caste becomes the prime minister of the country.
Launching a no-holds barred attack on Modi, Mayawati said she had doubts about him being a person of backward class.
“He (Modi) has never told which backward caste he belongs too,” the former chief minister told reporters here.
She also attacked Modi over his “knowledge of history”.
“Modi is a strange man. He says something and does something else. He does not have the knowledge of history and gives wrong statistics,” Mayawati said.