Arguing that BJP did not accept his offer for “land” at a place “other than the disputed site” for building the Ram temple, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav accused the saffron party of using the temple issue for electoral gains.
Mulayam alleged that BJP never had the intention to build the temple, despite “collecting donations” for it from across the world.
“When I was the (Uttar Pradesh) Chief Minister, I told BJP that I was ready to give land at any other place other than the disputed site… if you win the case in the court, there will be two temples, but they did not concede,” he said, while addressing a national farmers’ conference here.
The saffron party never had any intention to construct the temple, otherwise i would have accepted his proposal, he said, and alleged that it was using the issue for electoral gains.
“BJP took donations from all over the world in the name of the temple. When I went to London, I came to know that donation was collected there,” he said, and asked BJP to give an account of foreign and domestic donations collected for the temple.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Speaking on the issue of farmers, Mulayam held the BJP and BSP responsible for the plight of the farmers.
“If farmers are not happy and prosperous, then the country will not become great,” he said, even as some farmers raised slogans over dues in cane payments during the programme.
The SP supremo said if the country has to become a superpower, then Uttar Pradesh has to become number one. He also said that the SP government was taking steps to resolve the problems in power sector, and promised this would be done in the next one and a half years.