Days after Home Minister Rajnath Singh denied any knowledge of “love jihad” and assured the minority communities that there would be no discrimination on the basis of religion or caste, his party MP from Unnao, Sakshi Maharaj, alleged on Sunday that madrasas across the country are imparting “education of terror” and “love jihad”.
He claimed that Muslim youth in madrasas are being motivated for “love jihad” with offers of cash rewards — Rs 11 lakh for an “affair” with a Sikh girl, Rs 10 lakh for a Hindu girl and Rs 7 lakh for a Jain girl.
Addressing an event in Kannauj, he also alleged that these madrasas do not hoist the national flag on Independence Day or Republic Day, and the government should stop giving them financial aid. He said he would speak to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and also raise the issue in Parliament.
When contacted over the phone, Sakshi Maharaj admitted that he had made these remarks. He said the madrasas were making the students “terrorists” and “jihadis” and their education was not in the national interest. “Neither is the national flag hoisted on August 15 and January 26, nor is the national anthem sung there. They hoist only green flags,” he alleged.
When asked about the basis of such allegations, he claimed some of his men had converted to Islam and taken admission in these madrasas. He alleged that some Muslims had also informed him about such actvities by the madrasas.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The BJP MP further alleged that Muslim MPs also avoid attending functions in Parliament where the national anthem is sung. “I will demand that they should be removed as MPs. How can they be a member of the Indian Parliament when they do not hold regard for our national anthem?” he said.