A delegation of Congress leaders led by DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely on Friday met the Chief Election Comissioner and drew his attention to BJP’s attempt to “saffronise” the bureaucracy in the national Capital.
The move of Delhi Congress comes a day after at least 20 IPS officials, at the level of DCPs, were trasferred in Delhi Police.
Congress leaders Haroon Yusuf, Mukesh Sharma and K C Mittal were also part of the delegation.
“In Delhi, the bypoll of three assembly seats are due. Besides, Delhi Assembly elections are also due. In this situation, it is the responsibility of EC to maintain the level-playing field. Leaders of Delhi BJP are threatening bureaucrats and trying to saffronise bureaucracy, using the advantage of being the party at the Centre,” DPCC chief Arvinder Singh told reporters here.
He said that few days ago, some BJP leaders met Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and later, Delhi chief secretary was transfered.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Similar, a delegation of BJP leaders yesterday met Police Commissioner and complained of several SHOs and next days, we got to see transfers of several senior IPS officials. BJP leaders are threatening police officials of getting them transfered if they refuse to toe the party line. In elections, police play a very important role and we have demanded from EC to intervene in the matter immediately,” the DPCC chief said.
“This is the first time that such a thing is happening in democracy that a state chief of a political party is giving directions to transfer police officials and bureaucrats, which is not good for democracy and fair elections,” he added.
Another Congress leader Haroon Yusuf said, “First day, they (BJP leaders) say that this officer is not good and second day, he is transfered. BJP leaders should not indulge in such malpractice.”