A delegation of Congress leaders led by DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely on Friday met the Chief Election Comissioner and drew his attention to BJP’s attempt to “saffronise” the bureaucracy in the national Capital.
The move of Delhi Congress comes a day after at least 20 IPS officials, at the level of DCPs, were trasferred in Delhi Police.
Congress leaders Haroon Yusuf, Mukesh Sharma and K C Mittal were also part of the delegation.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“In Delhi, the bypoll of three assembly seats are due. Besides, Delhi Assembly elections are also due. In this situation, it is the responsibility of EC to maintain the level-playing field. Leaders of Delhi BJP are threatening bureaucrats and trying to saffronise bureaucracy, using the advantage of being the party at the Centre,” DPCC chief Arvinder Singh told reporters here.
He said that few days ago, some BJP leaders met Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and later, Delhi chief secretary was transfered.
“Similar, a delegation of BJP leaders yesterday met Police Commissioner and complained of several SHOs and next days, we got to see transfers of several senior IPS officials. BJP leaders are threatening police officials of getting them transfered if they refuse to toe the party line. In elections, police play a very important role and we have demanded from EC to intervene in the matter immediately,” the DPCC chief said.
“This is the first time that such a thing is happening in democracy that a state chief of a political party is giving directions to transfer police officials and bureaucrats, which is not good for democracy and fair elections,” he added.
Another Congress leader Haroon Yusuf said, “First day, they (BJP leaders) say that this officer is not good and second day, he is transfered. BJP leaders should not indulge in such malpractice.”