In a frontal attack on BJP, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday alleged that the saffron party, which is leading the NDA, is trying to make “Hindus fight against Muslims” and also seeking to create two Indias with one for chosen business class and another for the poor.
“BJP people are trying (to) make Hindus fight Muslims,” Rahul said while addressing his maiden rally in this district headquarters town in Telangana, after the bill carving out a new state was passed by Parliament.
In an apparent dig at BJP’s Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi, Rahul said, “Opposition parties want only chosen businessmen and chosen industrialists to become rich, with no benefits to the rest of the nation.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“They want to create two Indias – one for the rich and another for the poor. One India for chosen businessmen and another India for farmers, workers, dalits, adivasis and minorities,” he said, adding that on contrary the Congress wants an India where everybody including the poor, farmers, workers, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs and Christians benefit.
He said the country has witnessed maximum economic growth during the ten-year rule of the UPA and a total of 15 crore people were lifted from the BPL level.
“We have achieved not just economic progress but have lifted 15 crore people out of poverty. How did they come out of poverty? We gave guarantee cards (job cards of MGNREGA),” he said.
Recalling that the UPA government had enunciated landmark poverty alleviation and development programmes like Right to Education and Food Security, Rahul said, “If voted to power, the UPA would ensure housing for all and provide free medicines and operations at free-of-cost for the poor”.
Appreciating the women self help groups (SHGs) in Andhra Pradesh, Rahul said the Congress would like to implement the programme all over the country so that crores of women can benefit and achieve economic prosperity.
Accusing opposition parties of stalling the Women’s Reservation Bill when introduced by Congress in Lok Sabha, Rahul said, “The first task of the UPA government when it regains power this year is to pass this legislation.”
UPA government would also take steps to set up 2,000 police stations exclusively for women, he added.