Days after Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan turned down CBI’s plea for prosecution of former chief minister of Maharashtra Ashok Chavan who is an accused in the Adarsh Housing scam, BJP on Friday said it would consider demanding “recall” of governor for “ignoring” indictment of the senior Congress leader by a judicial panel.
“We want to know why the Governor did not sanction the CBI’s request to prosecute Ashok Chavan?” BJP spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad said.
Referring to the indictment of Chavan by the judicial panel, Prasad alleged the Governor did not accede the CBI’s request to prosecute Chavan as he was “under pressure”.
“Under whose pressure (did the Governor refuse the go-ahead). When there was clear findings against Chavan in the judicial commission report, then why was the consent not given by the Governor?” the senior BJP leader said.
“We will contemplate to recall the governor. The party will move to the president against inaction of governor in granting sanction (to CBI). We will expose murky involvement of Congress in the Adarsh scam,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Refusing the CBI request, the Governor had questioned the allegations levelled by the agency, saying it had failed to present any evidence against the Congress leader in its report.
Though the Governor had refused prosecution, a special court had earlier this month rejected the CBI’s plea to drop Chavan’s name from the list of accused in the Adarsh scam case.
Alleging that the UPA government is the most corrupt government since Independence, Prasad said, “Congress is afraid of BJP and of Narendra Modi’s popularity…Congress party patronises corruption and shields their leaders”.
Prasad said the BJP would seek people’s mandate on issues like unemployment, price rise, corruption and development in upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Prasad was here to attend a two-day meeting of BJP’s “chargesheet committee” which would focus on drafting a chargesheet highlighting various scams and corruption under the UPA regime.
The meeting was presided over by deputy leader of BJP in Lok Sabha, Gopinath Munde and also attended by party spokesperson Minakshi Lekhi among other leaders.