Amid reports about possible security threats to top BJP leaders, the opposition party on Thursday demanded that the Home Ministry ensure “foolproof” protection for them.
Citing media reports which have quoted intelligence sources as saying that the lives of top BJP leaders were under threat, party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said that a delegation of party leaders will meet Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to press their demand for security.
“Based on Intelligence Bureau sources, a section of media has been reporting that the BJP leaders’ lives are under threat.
“BJP is very concerned and worried,” she said, adding that, “there is a threat to all BJP leaders.”
“We are very concerned and anxious whether Home Ministry has taken cognisance of these reports and if it is taking any measures to ensure the safety of our leaders as they move around the country for election campaigning,” she told reporters here.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sitharaman said that the media reports have said that the threat perception also included kidnapping with a possible motive of demanding release of Indian Mujahideen (IM) co- founder Yasin Bhatkal. Bhatkal is in the custody of security agencies on terror charges.
“With all these dimensions being played out… in the media, all reports based on IB sources, BJP is extremely worried for the safety of its leaders.
“We will certainly meet the Home Minister as and when we get the time from his office… and present the demand that protection and foolproof cover be provided to all our leaders,” she added.