Amid reports about possible security threats to top BJP leaders, the opposition party on Thursday demanded that the Home Ministry ensure “foolproof” protection for them.
Citing media reports which have quoted intelligence sources as saying that the lives of top BJP leaders were under threat, party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said that a delegation of party leaders will meet Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to press their demand for security.
“Based on Intelligence Bureau sources, a section of media has been reporting that the BJP leaders’ lives are under threat.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“BJP is very concerned and worried,” she said, adding that, “there is a threat to all BJP leaders.”
“We are very concerned and anxious whether Home Ministry has taken cognisance of these reports and if it is taking any measures to ensure the safety of our leaders as they move around the country for election campaigning,” she told reporters here.
Sitharaman said that the media reports have said that the threat perception also included kidnapping with a possible motive of demanding release of Indian Mujahideen (IM) co- founder Yasin Bhatkal. Bhatkal is in the custody of security agencies on terror charges.
“With all these dimensions being played out… in the media, all reports based on IB sources, BJP is extremely worried for the safety of its leaders.
“We will certainly meet the Home Minister as and when we get the time from his office… and present the demand that protection and foolproof cover be provided to all our leaders,” she added.