A livid BJP on Saturday threatened to take legal action against Aam Aadmi Party leader Kumar Vishwas for his allegation that a BJP MP had approached him to defect to the saffron party and help in government formation.
“Party strongly refutes such baseless allegations of Kumar Vishwas. BJP is exploring the option of legal action against him,” Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay told reporters here.
Upadhyay said that it was nothing new for AAP to make such allegations, adding that Vishwas should immediately disclose the name of the BJP MP who met him and what was discussed between them.
“Such frequent confusions and deliberate misleading by AAP are not right. If Vishwas has any proof to substantiate his claim, he should present it before the people of Delhi,” Upadhyay said.
Vishwas, who had unsuccessfully contested Lok Sabha polls in Amethi against Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, claimed that a BJP MP had offered that he would be made Delhi chief minister if he joins BJP along with some AAP legislators to help form government.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Though Vishwas refused to identity the BJP MP, AAP’s key leader Sanjay Singh said that it was Manoj Tiwari who had made the offer.
Scotching reports about his alleged involvement, Tiwari said it was a “conspiracy” to tarnish his image by some AAP leaders.