BJP on Thursday reminded Congress Chief Ministers not to breach Constitutional propriety as it termed the decision of Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and other CMs to skip the functions of the Prime Minister as “unfortunate”.
The ruling party also told Congress Chief Ministers not to fall prey to the “complex arising due to the popularity” of Prime Minister Narendra Modi among the masses and said the Congress may decide to ignore Modi’s dais but they cannot ignore his mantra of good governance and development.
The BJP said the Prime Minister cannot stop people from speaking out their minds publicly and noted that this type of negative politics will not help the Congress.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“There seems a complex in the minds of poll-bound Congress Chief Ministers. They should take care that they should not breach Constitutional propriety,” BJP Spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
“They should not fall prey such complex arising out of the popularity of Prime Minister Narendra Modi among the masses,” he said.
BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, “This type of negative politics will not help the Congress anyways.”
“Congress can ignore Modi’s dais but they cannot ignore his mantra of good governance and development. The Congress even after its humiliating defeat at the hustings is not ready to see the ground reality. Instead of cleaning their face with the dust that has stuck to them in these polls, the Congressmen are cleaning the mirror instead,” he said.
The two leaders said the Prime Minister has accorded due respect to all Chief Ministers – be it those of BJP or Congress or any other party – and has been adhering to all courtesies to them as he believes in ‘Team India’.
Hussain said Modi was popular among the people of the country as they feel that for the first time there is such a Prime Minister who can change the face and fortune of India.
“The Prime Minister cannot stop people from talking. No one can stop the public from speaking out their minds,” he said.
The comments came after Chavan took an aggressive stand of not attending the Prime Minister’s programme following incidents of heckling of Chief Ministers at functions attended by Modi in Congress-ruled states.