BJP on Thursday reminded Congress Chief Ministers not to breach Constitutional propriety as it termed the decision of Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and other CMs to skip the functions of the Prime Minister as “unfortunate”.
The ruling party also told Congress Chief Ministers not to fall prey to the “complex arising due to the popularity” of Prime Minister Narendra Modi among the masses and said the Congress may decide to ignore Modi’s dais but they cannot ignore his mantra of good governance and development.
The BJP said the Prime Minister cannot stop people from speaking out their minds publicly and noted that this type of negative politics will not help the Congress.
“There seems a complex in the minds of poll-bound Congress Chief Ministers. They should take care that they should not breach Constitutional propriety,” BJP Spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
“They should not fall prey such complex arising out of the popularity of Prime Minister Narendra Modi among the masses,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, “This type of negative politics will not help the Congress anyways.”
“Congress can ignore Modi’s dais but they cannot ignore his mantra of good governance and development. The Congress even after its humiliating defeat at the hustings is not ready to see the ground reality. Instead of cleaning their face with the dust that has stuck to them in these polls, the Congressmen are cleaning the mirror instead,” he said.
The two leaders said the Prime Minister has accorded due respect to all Chief Ministers – be it those of BJP or Congress or any other party – and has been adhering to all courtesies to them as he believes in ‘Team India’.
Hussain said Modi was popular among the people of the country as they feel that for the first time there is such a Prime Minister who can change the face and fortune of India.
“The Prime Minister cannot stop people from talking. No one can stop the public from speaking out their minds,” he said.
The comments came after Chavan took an aggressive stand of not attending the Prime Minister’s programme following incidents of heckling of Chief Ministers at functions attended by Modi in Congress-ruled states.