Reacting to a series of recent comments made by Priyanka Vadra, the BJP Friday hit back by reteriating allegations of the Haryana land scam that have surrounded her husband Robert Vadra and accused her of playing the victim card.
As Priyanka questioned the Gujarat model of development while campaiging in her mother Sonia Gandhi’s constituency Rae Bareli, saying Narendra Modi had given away thousands of acre of land to friends at throwaway prices, the opposition party stepped up its attack on Vadra, asking what business formula had he employed to make huge gains in times of recession.
“The question is why was the land use changed in Haryana and who benefited from it. Millions of youngsters in the country want to know the business formula behind this success story of how one makes Rs 58 crore from Rs 8 crore in three months. Victimhood doesn’t suit beneficiaries of corruption…,” BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, accusing Priyanka of “making a virtue out of corruption” by playing the victim card.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In Lucknow, BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad also raked up the Haryana land deal and hinted that it would be investigated but said “no action will be taken with political vendetta and law will take its own course”. Senior party leader Arun Jaitley said the probe into Vadra’s land deals will be fair.
“We will be fair. We will be law centric. We won’t be personality centric,” Jaitley reportedly said in Amritsar on whether there will a fair probe against Vadra if BJP comes to power. Party leader Uma Bharti, who had earlier said Vadra would be behind bars after elections, Friday said the law is equal for all and only if Vadra has committed any fraud would he meet that fate.
The BJP also claimed that this was not a personal attack but a land-related issue. “We are not attacking persons. We are not raising personal issues. These are corruption issues. We are ready for a debate on land versus land issue — where land is given to industry for increasing employment, production and GSDP and that given for personal profits,” said Javdekar.
He also said that Priyanka was now being brought to the forefront as Rahul Gandhi had failed to attract voters.
He also dismissed comments questioning the Varanasi roadshow when Modi filed his nomination papers on Thursday. The Congress, BSP and the Left parties among others have alleged that the roadshow was not spontaneous. “This is the faith of people in a decisive leader that led to such spontaneous support. Seeing this the Congress has lost its sense of proportion,” he said.
Rejecting PM Manmohan Singh’s remarks that there was no Modi wave, Javdekar said people can live in their castle with their eyes shut but the writing is on the wall. Jaitley in his blog said that the prime minister may be ‘myopic’ not to see a Modi wave.
BJP clarifies increase in Modi’s bank balance
NEW DELHI: BJP Friday clarified on reports about how Narendra Modi’s bank balance had increased within the few days of filing his nomination in Vadodara (April 6) and then Varanasi (April 24). The party issued a clarification, saying that the increase of Rs 14,34,000 is because the amount was transferred to his election bank account from the BJP. ENS